RE: How to create a mobile broadband connection (system connection) via command line ?

Hi,

I am sorry I am also a newbie here, I can not give you help for this. But maybe you can find some help here : http://cgit.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/tree/examples. Good luck.

David

Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 12:56:20 +0530
Subject: Re: How to create a mobile broadband connection (system connection) via command line ?
From: naveen mdl gmail com
To: cmkf_2006 hotmail com
CC: networkmanager-list gnome org

Hi,
Can you please give me the same source code in C language please. This would help me a lot. Also tell me what are the include files for that.

2011/3/18 David Day <cmkf_2006 hotmail com>
Hi all,

Here is the source code to create a 3g connection:

add-system-3g-connection.py
---------------------------
#!/bin/env python
#
# the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
# (at your option) any later version.
#
# MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
#
# You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along
# with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc.,
# 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA.
#
# Copyright (C) 2010 Red Hat, Inc.
#
import dbus
s_con = dbus.Dictio nary( {
'id': 'china-unicom-wcdma-connection',
'uuid': 'd9e29b06-b609-44e0-b743-57a4d74141df',
'type': 'gsm',
'autoconnect': dbus.Boolean(False)})
s_ppp = dbus.Dictionary({
'refuse-eap': dbus.Boolean(True),
'refuse-chap': dbus.Boolean(True),
'refuse-mschap': dbus.Boolean(True),
'refuse-mschapv2': dbus.Boolean(True)})
s_ip4 = dbus.Dictionary({'method': 'auto'})
s_gsm = dbus.Dictionary({
'number': '*99#',
'apn': '3gnet'})
s_serial = dbus.Dictionary({'baud': dbus.UInt32(115200L)})
con = dbus.Dictionary({
'connection': s_con,
'ppp': s_ppp,
'ipv4': s_ip4,
'gsm': s_gsm,
'serial': s_serial
})
print con
bus = dbus.SystemBus()
proxy = bus.get_object("org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerSystemSettings", "/org/freedesktop/NetworkManagerSettings")
settings = dbus.Interface(proxy, "org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerSettings")
settings.AddConnection(con)

David