Re: Question about

I've had problems with the NetworkManager.state file before and when I removed it, everything was fine. Doesn't sound like it describes your case, but who knows.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

On Mar 13, 2011 13:30, Larry Finger <Larry Finger lwfinger net> wrote:

On 03/13/2011 11:22 AM, José Queiroz wrote:
> Hi Larry,
>
> Are you using a Dell laptop? A recent kernel change broke the WMI support to
> some dell hardware. If it's your case, try blacklisting dell-laptop modules and
> reseting your machine.

No, this is an HP. I am not loading any wmi modules.

One more piece of info. As I said earlier, switching from knetworkmanager to the
plasmoid allowed it to work. I then switched back to knetworkmanager (I like it
better), and wireless still worked.

Larry