Re: Testing 0.8.995 (0.9.0-beta1) on Ubuntu 10.04

On Sun, 2011-03-06 at 13:21 +0100, Torsten Spindler wrote:
> I've setup another PPA with a newer glib version:
> https://launchpad.net/~tspindler/+archive/glib-2.26-lucid
> This is completely untested, though I've installed it now on my main
> machine. I'll hope it causes no problems, but I advise you to test
> this
> on an expendable machine first, maybe on a virtual machine.

thanks for that Torsten,

it did move me forward to the next glitch :-

checking for DBUS... yes
checking for GLIB... yes
checking for GMODULE... yes
checking for GUDEV... no
configure: error: Package requirements (gudev-1.0) were not met:

No package 'gudev-1.0' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables GUDEV_CFLAGS
and GUDEV_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

Phil