Re: ANN: One the road to 0.9 - release of 0.8.995 (0.9.0-beta1)

On Sat, 2011-03-05 at 11:29 +0000, Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-03-05 at 00:48 -0600, Dan Williams wrote:
> > Any and all testing, patches, comments, etc, greatly appreciated.
> > Lets get 0.9 out soon!
>
> I'm a Ubuntu desktop user with a PPPoE DSL connection and wifi on my
> desktop. I'm interested in testing as a user, is there a wiki or similar
> guide on how to do this ? It looks like I have to compile or something
> which I'm willing to have a go at but in the past I haven't been that
> successful.

Ideally Ubuntu would have a PPA for the latest git master, which they
have had at some point, but that might be tracking the 0.8.x (stable)
branch now and not the 0.9 code.  HOwever, there is:

http://projects.gnome.org/NetworkManager/developers/

which has a quick guide to grabbing the sources.  You may encounter
configure errors, but those are usually missing -dev packages.

> I do quite a lot of networking and am testing IPv6, hence the interest.

That's great, we need more testing of NM with IPv6.  The more the
better.  Dont' hesitate to ask if you have any problems or questions!