Re: Alcatel X200 troubleshooting

On Sat, 2011-06-04 at 18:23 +0200, Javier Almasoft wrote:
> OK, my local sample of the device is working flawlessly with my dirty
> hack, so I suppose I can wait. Thanks anyway for the interest and
> effort you are spending in this.

I lied and implemented support for it Sunday in ModemManager 0.4.997
(0.5-beta3) which I then tagged and uploaded.  I also just mailed a
patch to linux-usb@vger to fix the 10 second hardlock titled "option:
add Alcatel X200 to sendsetup blacklist".

> In regard to the Windows drivers supplied from the manufacturers, it's
> understandable they don't bother. They expect 'always' for the driver
> to be reinstalled always from the supplied one, and not to be
> supported by the OS natively. So, why care? The device will be
> obsolete in months from their point of view (that seems to be the
> bussiness in cellphone companies, to keep you rebuying again and
> again).

Yeah, that's the problem.  They dont' really care after the device is
out the door.

Dan