Re: Verizon Wireless 4G LTE LG-VL600 support?

On Thu, 2011-07-14 at 22:29 +0200, Marius Kotsbak wrote:
> On 14. juli 2011 21:33, JWest wrote:
> > I have Verizon Wireless 4G LTE with a LG-VL600 usb modem.  I'm trying
> > to connect on Fedora 15 (Gnome 3).
>
> You at least need the "lg-vl600" module (try "modinfo lg-vl600"), which
> seems to be introduced in Linux 2.6.39.
>
> >   Is 4G and this modem supported by the network manager? Are there any
> > tutorials on how to configure it?
> >
> > When I connect my modem a new wired network is showing up with the
> > name "LG ELECTRONICSInc LG UDC-AHB Subsystem".
> >

> I can't see there is a modemmanager module for this yet, but maybe this
> thread gives any answers?:
>
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=10589647&postcount=17

We could make a plugin for it, but we need to look at how to integrate
multi-mode devices like the VL600 (ie CDMA & LTE).  We're working on a
new API to better allow that in git master, though we may need a hack
for the 0.5 branch to support this minimally for now.

Dan