Re: stopping modem manager STARTING AUTOMATICALLY

> Hello!
>
> I have exactly the opposite problem: the Network Manager doesn't start the
> Modem Manager.
>
> I have the pertinent files: "org.freedesktop.ModemManager.service" under
> /usr/share/dbus-1/system-service and "org.freedesktop.ModemManager.conf"
> under /etc/dbus-1/system.d.
> And also an apropriate configuration for the connection under
> /etc/NetworkManager/system-connection (it works when I start it manually).
>
> Why does my NM not start my MM?

What distro and NM and MM versions? Could you grab syslogs from
/var/log/messages or /var/log/daemon.log (or similar)?

Normally, there should be something like this there:
 NetworkManager[1312]: <info> trying to start the modem manager...
Jan 23 23:01:40 gromit modem-manager: ModemManager (version
0.4-4.git20100720.fc14) starting...

Jirka