Re: [ANNOUNCE] Release of NetworkManager-l2tp 0.1

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011, Brian Millett wrote:

I installed this, but there is no option to enter a "secret" unless that
is what the "NT domain" is, but I do not think so.  So how do I add the
secret?

For now, please add it to /etc/ipsec.secrets manually.

We're working on a patch to openswan to allow it to add/del the secret via
the "ipsec whack" interface. But we need to do it right, without exposing
it on the commandline or using a temp file. Openswan normally keeps the
secrets in a pool, and does not associate the secret with a specific
connection, so this functionality needs to be added.

the syntax is:

%any gateway.corp.com: PSK "shared secred"

Paul