Re: how to turn off automatic switch from wifi to cable?

On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 09:46 -0600, Radoslaw Garbacz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to use my machine as a router. My wifi is connected to
> the Internet, and my ethernet I would like to use for a local network.
> For now any time I plug-in the cable NetworkManager disconnects wifi.
> Is there a way to make it more flexible, to configure it, or to
> disable the automatic switch?

NM 0.7 or later will keep both up at the same time.  What you probably
want to do is mark your Ethernet connection as "Only use this connection
for resources on its network" in the IPv4 Routes dialog of the
connection editor, which will make sure the ethernet device never gets
the default route.  When you do that, the wifi device will still have
the default route, and will still be used for the Internet.

dan