Re: NM disconnect after one hour with a wired network

2011/1/9 Charles Cultien <c cultien isae fr>
Hi,
I have a very strange problem :
I'm connected with the wired network of my university and each time, after one hour, Network Manager disconnect himself and didn't reconnect automatically. So I have to reconnect by myself evry hour and this is boring !

I don't know why and how change this. A dmesg didn't show anything (on the moment it disconnect).

I'm using LInux Mint DEbian (so debian testing) with :
Linux kernel 2.6.32-5-686
GNOME 2.30.2
Network Manager 0.8.1
I'am am behind a proxy (automatically given by the script htpp://proxyconf) and so the gnome proxy is configured.

Thank you for helping and didn't hesitate asking for trying something or given more information.

Are you using DHCP for the IP address? The problem may be related to it.