Network Monitor and http-proxy for OpenVPN

Hi,

I am using 3G mobile connection, and have limited traffic. Traffic over
some treshold (for instance 1 Gb a month) is very very expensive.

Which means there would be great to have some network traffic monitor
for a specific connection. Something like:
http://netramon.sourceforge.net/eng/help.html

Idea is to have per-connection traffic monitor, which could be enabled
or disabled. When enabled, it would measure amount of traffic for a
specific time interval. When limit will be approaching, it would start
notifying user about the limit. When limit is reached, it would
disconnect connection.

And there is another thing. I am using OpenVPN connection in a proyxed
network. To came out of a network, I have to use http-proxy setting in
OpenVPN client.

Unfortunately NetworkManager does not support http-proxy yet:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager-openvpn/+bug/117991

However, there has been patch written which does the job, but for
unknown reason, it is not implemented in official NM version:
https://launchpad.net/~nail-nodomain/+archive/ppa

Could developers comment on this please?

Regards,

Matej