Re: Can't get address when two DHCP servers

Le 09/02/2011 15:39, Shawn J. Goff a écrit :
> I'm on a network with two DHCP servers and can't connect using Network
> Manager. I performed a Wireshark capture and saw a DHCP request from me
> followed by a DHCP ack from one server and a DHCP nak from the other. I
> did the same thing with dhclient and saw the exact same packets, but
> then dhclient went ahead and added the address to the interface and I'm
> connected.
>
> Is this a bug in NM?

It is a bug in your network, you simply cannot have two independent
and concurrent DHCP servers in the same broadcast segment. When this
is the case anything can happen.

Are you actually interested in being assigned a random subnet? (or
worse: in address clashes?)