Re: Gnome 3, Network-Manager & ifupdown

>> I'm a Debian (sid) user under Gnome 3.2.
>>
>> Because I have many places to configure, I use guessnet
>> in /etc/network/interfaces. Then, I'd like Network-Manager not to
>> think I'm not connected, so, I've added :
>> [ifupdown]
>> managed=true
>> in /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf
>>
>> Now, I have two questions :
>> 1. how can I ask Network-Manager to automatically use the connection
>> choosen in /etc/network/interfaces ? I'd like not to have to click on
>> the "Ifupdown (myconnection)"...
>> 2. when my wired cable is not connected, how can I do a "basic"
>> configuration ? Maybe it is in /etc/network/interfaces, but I've
>> tried : iface eth_disconnected inet manual
>>        test missing-cable
>> and it does not work...
>It should be like below to let it work.
>[main]
>plugins=ifupdown,keyfile

Here is my complete /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf :

[main]
plugins=ifupdown,keyfile

[ifupdown]
managed=true

My eth0 is OK with guessnet, but, in Gnome, Network Manager says it's
not connected !!!
I have to click on the right connection (the one choosen by guessnet)
in order Network Manager is connected...

Isn't it possible to do this automatically ? Before opening my
Gnome session ?

Thank you.

David.