Re: Increased RAM usage with nm-applet 0.8.0 to 0.8.1

Output you asked for:

0.8.1 - http://pastebin.com/Rfx1zYi8
0.8.0 - http://pastebin.com/HY5kreLg

Digging through it myself - let me know if you see something obvious there.

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 1:29 AM, Jeff Hoogland <JeffHoogland linux com> wrote:
Attached are the two outputs you requested, digging through them now to see if I can pinpoint the issue.

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 1:10 AM, Uwe Geuder <networkmanagerList-ugeuder snkmail com> wrote:

On 12 December 2011 06:33, Jeff Hoogland <JeffHoogland Linux com>
wrote:

> but the issue I am having is that this newer version is using nearly
> 110megs more RAM than version 0.8.0 does - any ideas why this might
> be?

Technical progress...

Seriously, have you checked where the difference comes from?

Can you run the command

cat /proc/$(pgrep nm-applet)/smaps

on both your old and your new system and post the results here?

I'm not an nm-applet hacker, but that's how would I start to look at it.

Regards,

Uwe