Increased RAM usage with nm-applet 0.8.0 to 0.8.1

nm-applet/network manager are great tools and I use them to manage connections in the Bodhi Linux distribution I manage.

I am currently looking to upgrade our version from the 0.8.0 version Ubuntu 10.04 uses by default to a newer version to resolve the bugs that have been addressed. I've successfully built network manager 0.8.1 from the Debian stable sources and they work, but the issue I am having is that this newer version is using nearly 110megs more RAM than version 0.8.0 does - any ideas why this might be?

Thanks!
--
~Jeff Hoogland
Thoughts on Technology, Tech Blog