ANN: NetworkManager 0.9 released

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce the release of NetworkManager 0.9.  It's been
over a year since we started the push to create a simpler, easier-to-use
API and configuration system to base the next major version
NetworkManager on.  And we've delivered on that, thanks to the hard
efforts of almost 150 contributors and countless testers.  A special
thanks to Daniel Gnoutcheff for his kickoff of this effort as the 2010
Summer of Code student.

Simpler and more flexible architecture means simpler client applications
and cool new user interfaces, like the new GNOME Shell network
indicator.  It's easier than ever to talk to NetworkManager and make
your applications network aware.  The new permissions model makes it
easier for administrators to configure system the way they want to,
while giving home users the flexibility they need for multi-user
machines.

Other new features include support for Intel WiMAX devices for access to
4G WiMAX networks, fast user switching support, optimized WiFi roaming
through wpa_supplicant background scanning and nl80211, GObject
Introspection support for libnm-util and libnm-glib, and changes to make
NetworkManager more friendly to embedded environments.

These changes also prepare NetworkManager for the future by making
additions to the API (like additional device states and modem
capabilities) that allow us to provide cool new features like
connectivity detection, portal auto-login, tied VPN connections, proxy
and firewall handling, and much more.

So without further ado:

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/NetworkManager/0.9/
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/network-manager-applet/0.9/
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/NetworkManager-vpnc/0.9/
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/NetworkManager-pptp/0.9/
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/NetworkManager-openvpn/0.9/
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/NetworkManager-openswan/0.9/
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/NetworkManager-openconnect/0.9/

As always, there's developer information on the wiki and project website
here:

http://projects.gnome.org/NetworkManager/developers/
http://live.gnome.org/NetworkManager

A big thanks to everyone who contributed to this release, from those who
contributed patches or reworked major subsystems, to the settings plugin
authors, to IPv6 and modem testers, translators, users, distro
packagers, and everyone else who made it possible.  You're why
networking works; keep doing what you're doing.