Compile networkmanager without x-sessions.

Hi

I have a embedded arm device, where I want to use the Networkmanager. The distribution is the ubuntu arm, and I have tried ti apt-get hte needed packages.

In total it does work and the client handles the system connection fine (there is no x-session, and only one use i runlevel 3)
The problem is that a LOT of disk space is wasted filed with packaged I do not need.

So I got the idea to compile the NetworkManger from scratch and disable usage of X (and x-session).

Is this possible or feasible?
Or is the idea just plain stupid.

/AG