Re: brcmsmac driver only works when sitting next to the AP
- From: "Roland Vossen" <rvossen broadcom com>
- To: Camaleón <noelamac gmail com>
- Cc: "devel driverdev osuosl org" <devel driverdev osuosl org>, Henry Ptasinski <henryp broadcom com>, "linux-wireless vger kernel org" <linux-wireless vger kernel org>, Brett Rudley <brudley broadcom com>, Arend Van Spriel <arend broadcom com>, "networkmanager-list gnome org" <networkmanager-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: brcmsmac driver only works when sitting next to the AP
- Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 12:03:41 +0200
Okay, I finally managed to compile a kernel with the required flag
enabled and booted with it. I am attaching the resulting trace file,
should you need additional information, kindly ask.
thanks! I did the same thing on my setup and diff'ed the resulting trace
file with yours. I spotted a difference but it should not be relevant:
(your trace): drv_prepare_multicast: phy0 prepare mc (5)
(my trace): drv_prepare_multicast: phy0 prepare mc (1)
I am wondering if the problem could be explained by a RF kill switch
being active. Can you send me the output of 'rfkill list' and 'lsmod' ?
Are there wireless-related LEDs on your machine and do they act
differently between kernel 3.0.1 and 2.6.39-2 ?
Can you do a 'rfkill unblock all' to see if that makes a difference ?
Can you read this thread for more ideas:
Let me know how this works out, if unsuccessful we'll have to dig a bit
] [Thread Prev