Re: brcmsmac driver only works when sitting next to the AP

I do not channel work email to a Blackberry.  Chill out.

You are right, I was too impatient. I am sorry for that.

The error about supplicant manager state is not important, as the
supplicant later transitions to idle/ready state and NM proceeds.  What
*is* important is the inability of the driver to perform scans, which
means that no scan list is available for the supplicant to work with,
and thus it cannot associate with any known AP.  What we want now is
driver debugging information about *why* the driver refuses to perform
scans.

Ok, now it is clear to me why the assert is not relevant. I'll dive into this deeper.

Thanks, Roland.