Re: brcmsmac driver only works when sitting next to the AP
- From: "Roland Vossen" <rvossen broadcom com>
- To: "Dan Williams" <dcbw redhat com>
- Cc: "devel driverdev osuosl org" <devel driverdev osuosl org>, Henry Ptasinski <henryp broadcom com>, "linux-wireless vger kernel org" <linux-wireless vger kernel org>, Camaleón <noelamac gmail com>, Brett Rudley <brudley broadcom com>, Arend Van Spriel <arend broadcom com>, "networkmanager-list gnome org" <networkmanager-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: brcmsmac driver only works when sitting next to the AP
- Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 08:52:19 +0200
I do not channel work email to a Blackberry. Chill out.
You are right, I was too impatient. I am sorry for that.
The error about supplicant manager state is not important, as the
supplicant later transitions to idle/ready state and NM proceeds. What
*is* important is the inability of the driver to perform scans, which
means that no scan list is available for the supplicant to work with,
and thus it cannot associate with any known AP. What we want now is
driver debugging information about *why* the driver refuses to perform
Ok, now it is clear to me why the assert is not relevant. I'll dive into
] [Thread Prev