Re: Common ModemManager.h

Hi,

> I'm not sure why it is better to manually maintain the file rather
> than auto generating it (other than XSLT being a difficult language),
> but I certainly agree with using enum types instead of #defines.

It actually depends on what we want to have in that common header. If we
just want to define the DBus API symbols and types, then autogeneration
is good enough (some XSLT magic just needed to get enums instead of
#defines). But if the header ends up needing additional things not
coming from the DBus API, then it probably makes more sense to have it
manually maintained. At the end the API is not supposed to change that
often... although it will completely change in 0.6 :-)

Probably someone with experience in NM can give any reason why
NetworkManager.h is manually maintained and not autogenerated from the
DBus API?

--
Aleksander