Re: NetworkManager clobbers /etc/yp.conf in fedora 14

Thanks for the solution!

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 9:20 AM, Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-04-21 at 11:56 -1000, Dave Burns wrote:
>> How do I politely ask NetworkManager to let me tell it what servers to
>> use for ypbind/NIS? [os is fedora 14]

> It's not NM really, but a "dispatcher" script installed by yp.  Look
> in /etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d and look for the script that
> clobbers yp.conf.  NM just executes any scripts that get dropped in
> there, and since often your YP details are passed through DHCP, that
> script will scrape them out of DHCP and push them to yp.conf.  I'm not
> sure what the exact problem is, but that script might not be doing the
> right thing.
>
> Dan

/etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/11-dhclient executes
/etc/dhcp/dhclient.d/nis.sh, which looks like it does the clobbering.
I moved nis.sh out of there and rebooted, and all seems well now.

mahalo!
Dave

--
Q: Why should this email be 5 sentences or less?
A: http://five.sentenc.es