Re: ModemManager: Cannot set more than one band at the same time?

Hi all,

> > The SetBand() operation in the Modem.GSM.Network interface restricts to
> > 1 the bands that can be passed. This means that I cannot SetBand()
> > passing both EGSM and DCS flags, even if the modem supports it.
> >
> > Why is this limitation imposed in ModemManager?
>
> As discussed on IRC, it shouldn't be, and Aleksander said he'd do a
> patch for it.

I pushed the necessary fixes to git master after Dan's review and
several tests with a Huawei modem and another one I'm currently writing
a plugin for.

The D-Bus API was not changed, still a uint32 is passed when setting
bands or getting bands, but now the value represents a set of flags
where each bit corresponds to a given band (as per MM_MODEM_GSM_BAND
flag values in mm-modem.h).

See below the output of a cli program using MM's D-Bus interface while
changing the currently used bands in a Huawei modem.

-------------------------------

[aleksander@poseidon modem-manager-cli.git]$ ./bin/modem-manager-cli
--get-bands --device=ttyUSB0

Bands currently used by modem
'/org/freedesktop/ModemManager/Modems/0'...
  EGSM
  DCS
  PCS
  G850
  U2100
  U850
  U900
  U1900

[aleksander@poseidon modem-manager-cli.git]$ ./bin/modem-manager-cli
--set-bands=U2100,U850,U900,U1900 --device=ttyUSB0

[aleksander@poseidon modem-manager-cli.git]$ ./bin/modem-manager-cli
--get-bands --device=ttyUSB0

Bands currently used by modem
'/org/freedesktop/ModemManager/Modems/0'...
  U2100
  U850
  U900
  U1900

<< Disconnect Modem and connect again >>

[aleksander@poseidon modem-manager-cli.git]$ ./bin/modem-manager-cli
--get-bands --device=ttyUSB0

Bands currently used by modem
'/org/freedesktop/ModemManager/Modems/0'...
  U2100
  U850
  U900
  U1900

[aleksander@poseidon modem-manager-cli.git]$ ./bin/modem-manager-cli
--set-bands=ANY --device=ttyUSB0

[aleksander@poseidon modem-manager-cli.git]$ ./bin/modem-manager-cli
--get-bands --device=ttyUSB0

Bands currently used by modem
'/org/freedesktop/ModemManager/Modems/0'...
  EGSM
  DCS
  PCS
  G850