Re: modems using same port for data & AT command

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 5:07 PM, Marcel Holtmann <marcel holtmann org> wrote:
Hi Ran,

> I am using a device with one port for both data and connection (MC950D
> novatel), and it is interesting that after connecting with kppp I can see in
> the kppp properties (after pressing "details" button) a window of "kppp
> statistics", which shows number of transmit/received packets. does it mean
> that the kppp send AT command while in ppp connection ?

the second port of the MC950D is by default in QCDM mode. You can send
AT$NWDMAT=1 to the first AT command channel and turn the second TTY also
into an AT command channel.

Regards

Marcel

I did not find in the MC950D datasheet that it has any second port, which you said as being used for QCDM.
Where did you read about it ?