Re: modems using same port for data & AT command

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 3:38 PM, Shawn J. Goff <shawn7400 gmail com> wrote:
Some modems, in addition to supporting serial AT commands, also support proprietary binary protocols (such as Sierra's CnS) on other endpoints. This usually works even when the modem is tied up in a connection. Check out Dan Williams's post at http://blogs.gnome.org/dcbw/2010/04/15/mobile-broadband-and-qualcomm-proprietary-protocols/ for more info on that.