Re: Modem Initialization

On Thu, 2011-04-14 at 16:20 +0200, Vincenzo Romano wrote:

> >> Among other things, I'd need to harvest the localization information (AT+CREG)
> >> from GSM/3G modems. 99.999% of such modems implement it but I don't see
> >> how to do it.
> >>
> >> Any idea?
> >
> > I believe the generic plugin already harvests location area code and
> > cell ID whenever available in the AT+CREG? reply. Although I never tried
> > it myself, you can possibly use the GetLocation() method in the
> > org.freedesktop.ModemManager.Modem.Location interface (once enabled with
> > the Enable() method).
> >
> > Cheers!
>
> That sounds great. But also needs that I have to write my own D-Bus
> code in order
> to enable and retrieve the localization data (lac/ci).

Ok, what exactly are you trying to do here?  If you can explain that,
then maybe we can say what the best course of action here is.  What
specific initialization commands do you need to send?

Yes, MM exposes location information via the D-Bus interface, because
that's how *all* of MM's interaction with the system works, via D-Bus.

> And, finally, for the other things I need to do there's no way at all.

Such as?  What kinds of things do you need to do?

Dan