Re: Modem Initialization

> >> What I've found so far is that the initialization is done in the modemmanager.
> >> It looks like it's hardcoded, which looks quite weird to me.
> >> I do need to make some extra optional initialization: is there any
> >> hook for such a
> >> need?
> >
> > ModemManager has some generic setup steps, plus 'plugins' for each
> > modem/vendor known to make things differently. If your modem needs
> > specific AT commands during initialization, you'll probably need to
> > develop a new plugin for it.
> >
> > Cheers,
>
> Among other things, I'd need to harvest the localization information (AT+CREG)
> from GSM/3G modems. 99.999% of such modems implement it but I don't see
> how to do it.
>
> Any idea?

I believe the generic plugin already harvests location area code and
cell ID whenever available in the AT+CREG? reply. Although I never tried
it myself, you can possibly use the GetLocation() method in the
org.freedesktop.ModemManager.Modem.Location interface (once enabled with
the Enable() method).

Cheers!

--
Aleksander