Re: multiplex mode support

On Sat, 2010-09-25 at 17:50 +0800, 代尔欣 wrote:
> Hi all,
>      From 3gpp document, there is an at command AT+CMUX. It is a
> multiplex protocol. Does modem manager or network manager support
> this?

Not yet, because almost all GSM/UMTS modems that I've seen provide 2 or
more AT-capable serial ports and thus we don't require GSM MUX-ing
support yet.  However, there may be some more embedded devices that only
provide one serial port and do require MUX-ing.  I've never seen a
CDMA/EVDO device that implements AT+CMUX.

Alan Cox posted patches a while ago to push the MUX layer down into the
kernel, but there are also implementations of it that we could use in
ModemManager.  There just hasn't been a great need to do so yet.  Also,
some modems simply lie about their CMUX support which complicates
things.