Re: How to save pin number and auto-connect on startup?

On Fri, 2010-10-22 at 08:37 -0400, Mathieu Trudel wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 1:53 PM, Marcel Holtmann <marcel holtmann org> wrote:
> [...]
> > I think this is the wrong approach. You mentioned yourself that the PIN
> > is bound to the SIM. And unless you base this of the ICCID you should
> > not be allowing storing of a PIN based on modem specific features. The
> > only exception would be if the SIM card is physically integrated into
> > the device. However this is only done for M2M devices anyway and not for
> > normal desktop devices.
> >

> I have to respectfully disagree here: unfortunately, some devices
> don't seem to play well with getting the ICCID, so I think it's a
> reasonable approach to expect most people to have one device, with a
> SIM card usually not being moved across devices. For reference, these
> devices were a Huawei E1831 and Huawei E182E. I used the same at+cgsn
> approach to make a reasonable guess as to the devices' identification.

Quick roundup of trying to get SIM identifiers:

AT+CIMI: none
AT+CRSM(EFiccid): Option, Longcheer
AT!ICCID: Sierra
Nothing: ZTE, Huawei, Ericsson, Novatel

(I used AT+CRSM=176,12258,0,0,10 to query EFiccid)

> At least for two modems I've been testing for the past week, they
> refuse to support AT!ICCID, I've tried a couple of different things
> without luck.. The only thing I haven't tried was to get the ICCID
> through at+csim?.

Yeah, AT!ICCID works for Sierra devices and as a bonus you don't need to
decode the response.  See the above command for getting the ICCID via
+CRSM, but Sierra devices do not allow that command before PIN
unblocking.

Dan