Re: How best to try NM 0.8.2 please? (I almost managed to build it)

Hi Jirka,

I tried Natty but currently too buggy (1st beta hasn't even been released
yet) and it seemed to have nm-applet 0.8.1 according to right click and
'about'.

What has worked is the sakis3g script from http://www.sakis3g.org/.

I needed to purge modemmanager and reboot to fully kill things and then
when I run ./sakis3g it works great.  I posted full details to their
thankyou forum.

In Firefox I need to untick 'offline' and just ignore NM icon saying there
is no internet connection because there actually is.

Very happy now!

Thanks.
Matthew