Re: Persistent hostname issues

Salı 09 Kasım 2010 günü (saat 01:12:17) Robby Workman şunları yazmıştı:

> On the other hand, if your goal is to have a persistent hostname
> that never changes, then you want something like this:
>
>   [rworkman liberty ~]$ cat /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf
>   # /etc/NetworkManager/nm-system-settings.conf
>   #
>   # See NetworkManager.conf(5) for more information on this file
>
>   [main]
>   plugins=keyfile
>   dhcp=dhcpcd
>
>   [keyfile]
>   hostname=liberty

Yes you are right but this has some drawbacks. What happens when the user
changes the hostname from /etc/some_distro_dependent_hostname_file?

I think the persistent hostname capabilities of the plugins provides more
dynamic hostname detection and adjustment.

---
Ozan Çağlayan
TUBITAK/UEKAE - Pardus Linux
http://www.pardus.org.tr/eng