Re: NetworkManager State MachineRe: rfkill modem or wifi

On Tue, 2010-10-26 at 16:14 -0700, hong sheng wrote:
> Anyone knows the right state that Networkmanager should be when rfkill
> for the device?

It should be UNAVAILABLE.  If the device cannot be used at this time (no
carrier, rfkill, supplicant not running, the user turned off wifi) then
NM will keep it in UNAVAILABLE state.

> What's the different to put it in " NM_DEVICE_STATE_UNAVAILABLE"  and
> "NM_DEVICE_STATE_DISCONNECTED" ?

If the device is now available NM will move it into DISCONNECTED state,
where the device is idle and is awaiting connections.  If NM notices
that the device can connect to something, either becuase there is a
connection that can be autoconnected, or the user told NM to do
something, NM will start the activation process.

Dan