Re: Internet sharing over multiple interfaces

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 16:04, lutz <lutz reinhardt tu-bs de> wrote:
Hi,

the power adapter of my router broke and atm I am using NetworkManager
to create a Internet connection and share it with other PCs. The network
setup is, that all devices (including the ADSL-modem) are connected to
an Ethernet switch.

The computer, which is managing the Internet connection got two wired
network interfaces eth0 and eth1. eth1 is used to create the ppp0
connection and was at the beginning the only card, which is connected to
the switch. I activated "Shared to other computers" in the IPv4-tab of
both cards, but only with eth1 this seems to work. So i had to use
another Ethernet cable for connecting eth1 with the switch, too.
Initially I wanted to use eth0 for my notebook.

I am using Debian Sid AMD64 together with NetworkManager 0.8 and
dnsmasq-base at version 2.52.

yeah, i'm having a hard time trying to share my internet connection.
I have mobile broadband, want to share it via LAN, no success..

what would it take to pull this off with a couple of clicks and NM's help?