Re: [RFC] Fast-user-switching plans

Le 27/05/2010 15:26, José Queiroz a écrit :

> And that's the point. If the system offers us the separation of
> resources like files, why can't a network connection be personal?

Simply because IP is not designed like this at all. NetworkManager's
scope is make IP networking easy; not to re-invent the Internet.

> But, try to look from the user point of view: "The network connection
> that this computer offers me doesn't fits my needs. I have this other
> connection that's better to me, but I don't want that other users on
> the same machine use it, as it is charged by traffic".

So this connection is charged by traffic, yet you:
- leave amule running on it
- let other users use the connected computer.
This looks quite wrong to me.

As you said: "you need a new model". But not just a new NetworkManager
model I am afraid. You need a brand new networking model.

Cheers,

Marc