Re: Alcatel x060s - incorrect port

On Fri, 2010-05-07 at 20:31 +0400, Andrey Alakozov wrote:
> 07.05.2010 02:30, Dan Williams пишет:

> >> Yes, these are Windows 7 drivers provided by modem distributor:
> >> http://www.svyaznoy.ru/upload/Window_7(32&64)_Patch.zip
> >
> > Thanks; that confirms that the rules in 77-longcheer.rules are correct
> > and that USB interface #3 is the correct interface to use for the
> > modem/ppp stuff.  So the ports should get tagged correctly.
> >
> > I just found your bug too; the problem was that the Longcheer plugin
> > also contains a vendor ID check, and since your Alcatel x060s has a
> > different vendor ID, it wasn't getting grabbed by the Longcheer plugin.
> > The generic plugin doesn't handle port tags because most generic modems
> > don't need them.
> >
> > I've committed that fix upstream as:
> >
> > 425c28dfc1d24126feab432609f2c525069d577e
> >
> > this is a very safe commit for Ubuntu to backport.  At this point, I'd
> > suggest filing a bug in Launchpad requesting a backport for this
> > specific commit and follow up the actual Ubuntu packages there.
> >
> > Thanks for reporting this!
> > Dan
>
> Thanks for the fix! Should I do something about it? I am not very
> familiar with a Launchpad.

Yes, you'll need to file a bug on Launchpad requesting a backport of
that upstream git commit ID so that the Ubuntu team knows about your
problem and the fix.  Otherwise it won't get into an Ubuntu update.

> BTW, is it possible to tell from .inf file how to send USSD requests via
> this modem? I've tried different combinations of writing corresponding
> AT command to one ttyUSB and reading reply from other, but with no
> success - all I got back was 'OK'.

No, this info isn't in the .INF files at all; the best you can do is run
'strings' on the windows connection manager or DLLs and see if any of
the commands in there are USSD related; then you google around for that
command and see if you can figure out the syntax.