Re: Alcatel x060s - incorrect port

07.05.2010 02:30, Dan Williams пишет:
On Fri, 2010-04-30 at 15:45 +0400, Andrey Alakozov wrote:
29.04.2010 22:22, Dan Williams пишет:

Is there any chance I can get the Windows .INF files from you off the
device's fake driver CD?  In a pinch, feel free to just mail me the
entire contents of the fake driver CD or post it somewhere I can grab
it.  This will clear up the issue 100%.

Yes, these are Windows 7 drivers provided by modem distributor:
http://www.svyaznoy.ru/upload/Window_7(32&64)_Patch.zip

Thanks; that confirms that the rules in 77-longcheer.rules are correct
and that USB interface #3 is the correct interface to use for the
modem/ppp stuff.  So the ports should get tagged correctly.

I just found your bug too; the problem was that the Longcheer plugin
also contains a vendor ID check, and since your Alcatel x060s has a
different vendor ID, it wasn't getting grabbed by the Longcheer plugin.
The generic plugin doesn't handle port tags because most generic modems
don't need them.

I've committed that fix upstream as:

425c28dfc1d24126feab432609f2c525069d577e

this is a very safe commit for Ubuntu to backport.  At this point, I'd
suggest filing a bug in Launchpad requesting a backport for this
specific commit and follow up the actual Ubuntu packages there.

Thanks for reporting this!
Dan

Thanks for the fix! Should I do something about it? I am not very familiar with a Launchpad.

BTW, is it possible to tell from .inf file how to send USSD requests via this modem? I've tried different combinations of writing corresponding AT command to one ttyUSB and reading reply from other, but with no success - all I got back was 'OK'.

Thanks again!

--
Andrey