Re: Wireless

Hi

It is very silly of me as i don't know what is network manager .... The reason is as i am new to linux so don't know much about it..

Now I am also not able to open network manager .... so please help me out ....

Thanks
Karan

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 1:35 PM, Jirka Klimes <jklimes redhat com> wrote:
On Monday 22 of March 2010 07:31:24 karan marjara wrote:
> Hi
>
> Sorry for replying you late. After following these steps firmware is
> installed in the PC.....
>
> Now the problem is that the I am not able to set or activate the connection
> because the activate and deactivate button in network manager is not
> working.. I am sending you the screen shot of the network manager. Can you
> please suggest me the solution.
>
> Thanks,
> Karan

The screenshot is not NetworkManager but 'system-config-network' tool.
This is basically a configuration program for dealing with network configuration
for legacy 'network' service.

NetworkManager uses 'nm-applet' as a client, which users interact with.
You should have it running as an icon in your systray. On left click it
displays available connections, on right click , you can choose "Edit
connections" to configure your connections.

Jirka