Re: NM repeatedly asking for WEP key

>>> I recall seeing something about requiring settings
>>> for wpa_supplicant, even though I am using WEP.
>>> Is that right?

NetworkManager configures wpa_supplicant "interactively", that is
(almost) without a configuration file.

>> wpa_supplicant has a misleading name. It handles all wifi connections,
>> be it open, wep or wpa. So don't worry about the name, if that's what
>> you were asking.

I guess this is because wpa_supplicant supports WEP and plaintext just
for convenience, probably because it required practically no effort to
do so. I suspect that "WEP support" in wpa_supplicant is not much more
than this simple command: "iwconfig wlan1 essid foo key bar"

> I seem to recall that someone gave a minimal wpa_supplicant config file
> which might be required if using WEP?

# When NOT using NetworkManager, this works for me:
network={
	ssid="static-wep-test"
	key_mgmt=NONE
	wep_key0="abcde"