Re: PropertiesChanged

On Fri, 2010-03-19 at 17:55 +0100, Marcin Klekot wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> i am writing a qt based NM applet to configure wireless connections.
> With qdbusxml2cpp I created all needed interface classes from the
> introspection xml files. With this classes i can now talk to
> networkmanager over dubs (adding and deleting connections, connecting
> and disconnecting, and so on)
> The problem I have is that on no interface PropertiesChanged is
> signaled. Other signals like 'NewConnection' on 'NetworkManagerSetting'
> or  'Updated' on 'NetworkManagerSettings.Connection' are signaled
> correctly.
> I assumed that PropertiesChanged would be signaled on
> NetworkManager.Connection. Active if the connection state changes but
> this is not the case. PropertiesChanged is also not signaled on
> NetworkManager.Device.Wireless when the appropriate device connects or
> disconnects. On the other hand AccessPointAdded is signaled correctly.
>
> Any suggestions why  PropertiesChanged is not signaled?

I'm very sure you should be getting these signals.  I've verified that
the Bitrate property of the the Device.Wireless interface does get a
PropertiesChanged signal emitted when it changes.

Run "dbus-monitor --system" and walk away from your AP, for example.
The bitrate should drop the farther away you get.