Re: Bug in autoconnect?

On Thu, 2010-03-18 at 15:35 -0400, Pat Suwalski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm playing with NetworkManager 0.80, specifically the (new) autoconnect
> feature.
>
> I've found that if autoconnect is set to true on a Connection, the
> backend runs GetSettings() on all of the Connections that have
> autoconnect set and brings them up. This appears correct.
>
> However, if I call DeactivateConnection() on one of these, it gets
> brought down and then right back up.
>
> Is that the intended behaviour? To me, autoconnect indicates that it's

Yes.

> to be automatically connected unless I tell it otherwise, which is what
> deactivateConnection() would logically do.

You're probably looking for the Disconnect() method on the Device
object.  That will take the device down and prevent any other connection
from being activated on that device until you (a) tell it to activate
something, or (b) suspend/hibernate.  Maybe we'll clean this up for 0.9
and make Disconnect/DeactivateConnection work the same way, but for 0.8
we decided to preserve backwards compatible behavior.

Dan