Re: Disabling wireless networking.

On Mon, 2010-03-15 at 16:39 -0400, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Pop question.  This is one of my burning annoyances with NetworkManager
> and maybe there's an easy way to do this and I just can't find it.
> But...  How do I disable wireless networking by default.  I can disable
> it but, the next time I log in, it's enabled again.  I want it stone
> cold dead unless I overtly and explicitly choose to enabled it and then
> I want it off if I log out and log back in again.

There are two solutions to your problem; first is that NM 0.8.0 and NM
0.7.3 (not yet released) will save the wifi state and restore it when
you restart.

Second is that NM 0.8.x has IPv6 support, and if you're running that
version you can set your wifi connection's IPv6 method to "ignore", and
NM will not start IPv6 on that interface.

Dan