Re: Modem ports found only after taking out and placing back in SIM card

On Thu, 2010-03-11 at 13:49 +0200, Peteris Krisjanis wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> Lucid, 2.6.31 kernel, Huawei 220. When I attach device after fresh
> system restart, it can't find ports - option doesn't kick in
> automatically, I can run it only manually. When I take SIM out and
> place it back, option kicks in and I can deattach/attach USB modem and
> driver is still loaded properly.
>
> I can deal with this annoyance, but this is quite stupid for casual
> users. Any ideas what could cause that? Similar problems?

When you say "option doesn't kick in", what do you mean?  Do you  mean
that the kernel driver option.ko does not recognize the device?

When this problem occurs, what is the output of 'lsusb', and when you
replace the SIM, what's the output of 'lsusb'?  Can you grab some kernel
messages from 'dmesg' when you plug the device in and it doesn't work?