NetworkManager 0.8 and WiFi on slackware: device not ready

Hi!
I'm trying to adapt NetworkManager for MOPSLinux (russian
slackware-based distro). Everything works fine, except WiFi -
nm-applet tells me that "Device not ready". Actually, device works
perfectly if configured manually thru iwconfig or using other tools,
so problem is specific to networkmanager.
Unfortunately, searching over internet doesn't gave me any progress.
What can be a reason of this problem?

If it helps, there is nm-tool output:
aix mac2:~$ nm-tool

NetworkManager Tool

State: disconnected

- Device: eth0 -----------------------------------------------------------------
  Type:              Wired
  Driver:            sky2
  State:             unavailable
  Default:           no
  HW Address:        00:17:F2:31:A6:A9

  Capabilities:
    Carrier Detect:  yes

  Wired Properties
    Carrier:         off

- Device: wlan0 ----------------------------------------------------------------
  Type:              802.11 WiFi
  Driver:            iwl3945
  State:             unavailable
  Default:           no
  HW Address:        00:19:D2:69:84:59

  Capabilities:

  Wireless Properties
    WEP Encryption:  yes
    WPA Encryption:  yes
    WPA2 Encryption: yes

  Wireless Access Points

Thanks for any help!

---
Best regards, AiX 27/249 <i27249 gmail com>
[Using null methods]