Re: [RFC] Dell Activity LED daemon and udev rule

On 5 March 2010 11:48, Bob Rodgers <Robert_Rodgers dell com> wrote:

> Here are the two approaches mentioned:
> 1 Daemon:
>  + only runs on demand on applicable machines
>  - approx 8MB memory usage for python daemon, possibly much less for a C/Glib daemon
>
> 2 Dispatcher:
>  + only runs on demand
>  - possibly runs on machines where it isn't needed
>
> Do you have a preference with regard to which we should pursue?

I would personally prefer option 1, especially if it can be
implemented as a C/Glib daemon.  I would be happy to help with the
implementation but I don't own an applicable Dell machine.

--
Ken

echo 16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sbA0D4D465452snlb xq |dc