Re: 3G USB support for NM 0.7 (II)

Dan Williams wrote:

> all new connections will go over wifi instead of 3G even if the 3G is
> still connected.  While you're connected you aren't incurring any
> charges, you're only being charged for the traffic going through the
> device.

This may not always be the case. Where I live, if I keep the phone constantly
connected, without transferring anything, I get multiple sessions in the monthly
bill (each maybe an hour long or so), each session listing some "minimal
quantum" of traffic, like 2 kb. This amounts to some noticeable charge.

> But that makes me think maybe people want something like a "Disconnect
> and ignore this connection when a better one is available" option or
> something like that.  It's been requested for WiFi too.

Maybe a good idea.

Eugene