Re: Removing Cell Modem
- From: "Stuart D. Gathman" <stuart gathman org>
- To: Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>
- Cc: networkmanager list <networkmanager-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Removing Cell Modem
- Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 13:07:19 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 23 Jun 2010, Dan Williams wrote:
2) The issue is that no packets should be in flight because the USB
implementation on the Cricket is substandard and can't shutdown properly
in time on a USB disconnect.
I would expect that (1) and (3) may be true. But (2) is not true,
otherwise the OEM that makes the device is an idiot.
In my experience, "OEM is an idiot" is a hypothesis with a low but
Stuart D. Gathman <stuart bmsi com>
Business Management Systems Inc. Phone: 703 591-0911 Fax: 703 591-6154
"Confutatis maledictis, flamis acribus addictis" - background song for
a Microsoft sponsored "Where do you want to go from here?" commercial.
] [Thread Prev