Re: How to attach a config to a specific modem?
- From: Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>
- To: Tom <toabctl googlemail com>
- Cc: networkmanager list <networkmanager-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: How to attach a config to a specific modem?
- Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 16:46:22 -0700
On Wed, 2010-06-23 at 13:23 +0200, Tom wrote:
> i have 2 modems and 2 system-connections. How can i tell NM/MM that
> Config1 has to be used with Modem1 and Config2 with Modem2 ?
We don't have the capability to do that yet, but I'd expect that this
would be done by IMEI/ESN/MEID. But for GSM devices, do we want to lock
the connection to the *SIM*, or to the *device*? There are arguments
for both, but more of the configuration is dependent on the SIM, not the
device (APN, password/username, PIN, etc).
] [Thread Prev