Re: Internet sharing over multiple interfaces

On Thu, 2010-06-17 at 00:49 -0400, Darren Albers wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 9:06 PM, Frederik Nnaji
> <frederik nnaji gmail com> wrote:
> <Snip>
> > that's humor ;)
> > NM will require 3 clicks of me
> > ..additional NAT configuration how many?
> > ..IP configuration how many?
>
> All of that is handled by Network Manager for you, just setup the
> network as Dan describes and it will work.   I use this somewhat
> frequently with great success.
>
> > WebOS on my phone didn't even ask for any keyboard input.. Installing "Palm
> > Mobile Hotspot" app from the official Palm repository with 2 clicks or so
> > simply installs a preset configuration that supersedes normal WiFi operation
> > mode while active.
> > i could imagine an apt:mobile-hotspot in my DE.
> > i'll keep on wishing ;)

On a phone connection sharing is the really the only thing you *can* do
other than connect to an AP.  And you have an app specifically for that,
and there's only one WiFi card, etc.  The environment is clearly a lot
simpler there as the hardware is constrained.

That said, there are surely things we can/should do to make sharing
simpler.