Re: MeeGo support

On Mon, 2010-05-31 at 11:45 +0100, Tiago Cogumbreiro wrote:
> Hello all,
>

> I am trying to install NetworkManager in MeeGo. When I
> run ./autogen.sh I get the following (selected) output:
>

> [...]
> checking for /etc/frugalware-release... no
> checking for /etc/mandriva-release... no
> checking for /etc/pardus-release... no
> ./configure: line 13672: lsb_release: command not found
> Linux distribution autodetection failed, you must specify the
> distribution to target using --with-distro=DISTRO
>

> How difficult is it to have NetworkManager work on MeeGo? How can I
> help?

Probably not too difficult as long as Meego has the basic dependencies
(dbus-glib, policy-kit, libgudev, etc).  That could be the sticking
point.

The configure stuff you see is largely ignorable, we can easily add some
new checks to recognize Meego.  There are only a few things that depend
on the distribution these days, and those usually have sane defaults.

So, what do you have for:

ls /etc/*-release

?