Re: network-manager 0.8.1-beta2 does not work with isc dhcp-clients 3.1.3 and 4.1.1

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 11:01:24PM +0200, Thomas Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Sonntag, den 30.05.2010, 20:24 +0200 schrieb Michael Biebl:
> > NM 0.8.1 requires ISC dhcp-client with DHCPv6 support enabled.
> > The isc-dhcp package from experimental has DHCPv6 support disabled, due to build
> > failures in the past, which have been sorted out in 4.1.1.
>
> Ok, thank you for the information.
>
> > Hopefully Andrew finds the time to upload a new version with DHCPv6 support
> > enabled (I CCed just in case).
>
> Yes, i really hope this too.

I'd appreciate if people interested in seeing DHCP v4 in Debian could test
out the packages I have in experimental and file bugs as necessary. At some
point, as time permits, I will upload these packages to unstable.

I've gone to great pains to make the new packages a drop in replacement for
the old v3 packages, but I've done limited testing myself due to resource
constraints at the moment.