wireless options not implemented

I really need to set the wireless bit rate otherwise the packet loss
is so high I cannot use the network.   I can  get by for now by
issuing manually "iwconfig wlan3 txpower 1M" often

I noticed in finish_setup in page-wireless.c the band, channel, tx
power, and rate widgets are purposefully hidden so they cannot be
used.   I removed the code hiding them, and they work in the GUI, but
they still don't actually change wireless settintgs.   Does anyone
know why they are not implemented and how to make them work?

Sean